Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy for me, Sad for you

The Girl God Sent to my class has dropped. I guess God decided He didn't want her to take my class after all. The only down side of this turn of events is that I won't have any amusing stories about her to share. The girl in Remedial writing who wears Very Christian Attire and stares at me in a disturbing way has knocked off the staring, and her attire has grown a little less Christian (Today she had on a tank top with a chain belt, over her floor-length skirt).

I haven't posted all week, because nothing noteworthy has happened on the teaching front. I got response papers from half of my Lit class, and they were Not Terrible. We might be going on a field trip later in the semester. Remedial writing is working on a paragraph about Personal Goals and on identifying subjects and verbs. So far, no one has claimed not to be able to grasp that "is" is a verb (A few semesters ago I had this student who, every time this fact was pointed out, would put on a Confused Face and say, "I don't get it." I'm not really sure what there is to get or not get, exactly). Freshman Writing is working on a description of a person. BCMU starts next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teacher lady said...

It's very, VERY happy for you. (I speak from experience - just got last semester's evals: Prof. Teacher Lady is NOT a theologian and did not address the sacred aspects of sex. Right. Because I said I was a theologian WHEN?) But you're correct - we will miss out on some hilarious stories.

6:01 PM  
Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Sometimes NOT TERRIBLE is all for which we can ask (see how I didn't end my sentence in a preposition? See?) and we are grateful.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My friend give me a piece of advise, never worried about papers, and just ask www.essayservice.info to do it.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home